Three days after1 having shaved off fifteen centimetres of my hair, these are the things that stand out:
- I have far too much shampoo for the next few months at least;
- My head gets cold or warm easily, also, I feel my pillow;
- My shadow has significantly less volume;
- I like how my skull looks;
- Seriously, all this shampoo? No use for it.
I walked into the Chinese barber shop late Thursday night and told the interpreter to take it down to one centimetre. After a centimetre or three, he asked me if I really meant down to one centimetre, not down with. Yeah, I said, I want to get rid of it all. He laughed nervously and fifteen minutes later I left the store with a very nifty #4 buzz cut.
- The most common response is to look first, turn away in doubt, then turn back and shout something insightful like “hey, you cut your hair!” ←